In Episode 4, our faithful co-hosts shared the strategy and theory of principled negotiation. It was a good one, and if you haven’t listened to it yet, we recommend you do before plugging this episode into your earbuds.
In this week’s episode, that is very ND/Medical Specific, Jashar and Dr. Mohammad take you step by step through a few special topics related to negotiation, that were too specific to cover in the previous episode.
Episode 5: Negotiation Grab Bag!
- What is your value as an employee and how do you create a mathematical model to determine it?
- Should you rent space, argue for a percentage contract, or argue for a salary when going for a job? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each type of contract for both the business owner and the employee.
- How do you calculate potential revenue in a way that helps facilitate your goals in a principled negotiation?
- What should you consider asking for in a negotiation outside of direct salary, and what is the value of those asks? Have you considered things like license fees, malpractice, ce credit, sick time, or vacation?
- As an employer, how do you calculate potential salary offers to perspective employees?
- How can a bonus structure be used to reach mutual agreement?
Beyond these specific questions, the gang also reviews and shares a passage from Adam Grant’s book, Originals, that we mentioned last week, and talk about the concept of Vuja De.
We invite you to reach out to us with shout-outs, feedback, questions, and comments. Please like us on Facebook, and we hope you will also consider becoming a patron of the podcast on Patreon.
Until next week…
Jashar and Mohammad